Dance is a seductive art form that can hypnotize a man with a sway of a hip or a lift of the leg! It is the siren call to your mate for intimacy, lust, and seduction. The closeness, the peeling of clothes, and the slip of the foot. It with that the stiletto smacks your lover straight in the eye.
Oops! Maybe that kick shouldn’t have been so high! And with that a trip to the emergency room is all you will be celebrating this Valentine’s day.
Only through the decades have we seen a shift in musical taste from burlesque moves to stripper poles. All of these carefree forms of art – one must be right for me:
- The art of burlesque to the sounds Let Me Entertain You with the tease of the hips and the flaunt of the feather boa
- The invention of the go-go girl to These Boots Are Made for Walking practicing the shimmy of the chest
- The inner rock star shines with I Want You to Want Me strutting in a pleather skirt and crawling across the corvette like Tawny Kitaen
- The sound of Toxic brings me to hanging upside down from the stripper pole with the hopes of not falling on my head
- Maybe the shake of rump to the sounds Milkshake because yes it always brings those bad boys to the yard
As I went to through the list I realized one thing that all of those moves would be deadly for me! They would all involve me falling off of something or losing something and injuring my inner thigh. I would disappoint the union of glittery strippers worldwide!
So maybe the most subtle gesture to intimacy is a case of beer and a pepperoni pizza! Now that is the ticket to adding a little spice on this valentines day! And for good measure I might just belch the alphabet with my hair down.
How do you work your va-va-voom? Do you have a classic stripper move?
Darcie Cameron is a RYT 200 who believes Yoga is a gift that is accessible to everyone with proper modifications, a patient smile and just taking the time to breathe. One of the greatest presents you will ever unwrap is when you connect your mind, body and spirit in perfect sync with your own breath. Connect with Darcie on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/darciecameronlovesyoga