Do you ever wonder what could be going through a politician’s head through the final hours of election day? In order to survive Canadian Politics you must have a competitive spirit, a dash of madness, and a love of politics. It’s those final moments as they prepare for the crowds, the media, and the speeches. I wonder what they will be doing in their last moments of silence…
In the final hours I suspect:
- Gilles Duceppe is working with his tailor to put on the finishing touches of his beautiful suit and selecting a tie.
- Jack Layton consulting with his make-up artist to ensure she covers the shine of his balding head so it doesn’t distract from his winning smile.
- Elizabeth May perhaps enjoying a jaunt in the wilderness thinking maybe next time…
- Michael Ignatieff already beginning his next great academic novel ” The Death of Osama: Will it shift US Foreign Policy?”
- Harper playing the keys of his piano wondering if he will ever win a majority….
So as we all wait in anticipation for tonight’s final results – what do you imagine your favorite political leader doing in his/her last moments of silence?
Categories: Bloc Quebecois canada canada votes Canadian Election Day Canadian Federal election canadian federal election 2011 canadian politics election 41 Elizabeth May elxn41 fun funny Humor Jack Layton Liberals Life Michael Ignatieff minority government musings my life NDP opinions politics Progressive Conservatives random thoughts Stephen Harper thoughts voting
Darcie Cameron is a RYT 200 who believes Yoga is a gift that is accessible to everyone with proper modifications, a patient smile and just taking the time to breathe. One of the greatest presents you will ever unwrap is when you connect your mind, body and spirit in perfect sync with your own breath. Connect with Darcie on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/darciecameronlovesyoga