I’m back from Vegas! And what a trip! It has taken me four days to recover from mimosas in the morning, margaritas in the afternoon, and bottles of wine in the evening. Not to mention all of the delectable food, gambling, and poolside lounging. It was a very rough trip!
I would like to say from my stay at The Encore hotel that I was able to do some cultural studies on the human species through sobering observations. However, my mouth half-open in awe the moment we entered the lobby – I knew I was in trouble…
I would like to point out the top five observations that I learned about myself and others in this happening city:
1. We arrived in Vegas on Friday 13th and then I realized I had 13 letters in my name. I was blessed with the devil’s luck! And took my money to the slots! I won! Being the heavy gambler that I am – I learned a trick. Walk away each time you win! And over the week I won over 500 bucks! Needless, to say the outlet malls called my name….
2. Vegas is a man’s paradise with all of the beautiful women roaming the casinos and bars. However, I would like to advise many of you when planning a night out dress according to how you drink. A simple sentence just to help you remember “the less of the dress, the less to drink.” I know! I sound like my mother! But at 3am as you stumble out of the bar with your boobs falling out of your tube dress, with your snatch in view for the world, as you teeter over in your 9 inch heels, you are no longer a beautiful sight. Stay classy and be a beautiful lassy!
3. I would like to send a brief a note to the young gentlemen who disturbed my Saturday afternoon slumber by the poolside with your little scuffle over a high-class escort. Really! You are fighting over an escort? Is she really that good? Come on – just go find another one. I know when it comes to sex it’s hard to use your rational mind but just try. I’m sure there’s probably a cheaper one just around the corner.
4. I realized I will judge other parents if they bring their kids to Vegas and keep them up all hours of the night. There’s a magical place for kids to go on vacation it’s called Disney World! Gesh!
5. Last but not least , I caught a glimpse of the Ms. Universe Contestants as they sauntered into Cirque de Elvis. It was exciting to see these beautiful gazelles and I couldn’t resist clicking several pictures. Needless, to say all of them were gracious, flawless, beautiful woman. It hurts my throat not to muster catty word about them.
On that note these are only a few of my less scandalous observations because as you know what happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas. Words to live by!
Darcie Cameron is a RYT 200 who believes Yoga is a gift that is accessible to everyone with proper modifications, a patient smile and just taking the time to breathe. One of the greatest presents you will ever unwrap is when you connect your mind, body and spirit in perfect sync with your own breath. Connect with Darcie on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/darciecameronlovesyoga