Do you ever wonder what could be going through a politician’s head through the final hours of election day? In order to survive Canadian Politics you must have a competitive spirit, a dash of madness, and a love of politics. It’s those final moments as they prepare for the crowds, the media, and the speeches. I wonder what they will be doing in their last moments of silence…
In the final hours I suspect:
- Gilles Duceppe is working with his tailor to put on the finishing touches of his beautiful suit and selecting a tie.
- Jack Layton consulting with his make-up artist to ensure she covers the shine of his balding head so it doesn’t distract from his winning smile.
- Elizabeth May perhaps enjoying a jaunt in the wilderness thinking maybe next time…
- Michael Ignatieff already beginning his next great academic novel ” The Death of Osama: Will it shift US Foreign Policy?”
- Harper playing the keys of his piano wondering if he will ever win a majority….
So as we all wait in anticipation for tonight’s final results – what do you imagine your favorite political leader doing in his/her last moments of silence?